Finally, you can advertise and market a website or small business online for free! Read this article and discover the best strategies you can use!
Before the internet, startups and small businesses had a few ways and methods to market their products cheaply and some of these methods included sponsoring local events or printing out fliers. However, today, there are all kinds of online opportunities you can use to advertise and market a website or small business, you just need to know where to look. Read more on how to promote your online store.
In this article, we are going to present you the best strategies you can use to promote your online store and the best part is that all of these strategies are absolutely free.
- Use the 3 most important local listing services – This is a great way to market your business online. Registering your business with Google Places allows it to be discovered more easily on Google and it shows up on Google Maps. The registering process is quite easy, all you have to do is fill out the form and that’s it you are registered. After you are done, get your business company verified and complete the confirmation process. This can be done via mail or phone call. Yahoo can offer you Yahoo! Local which is a big database and definitely worth a couple of minutes it takes to register. Big has a similar service which is also very easy and simple to sign up for.
- Start a blog – Having a blog not only helps your business gets its name out there, but it is an effective strategy to connect with your customers more directly. Before you do anything, you need to keep in mind that one of the most important aspects of blogging is to keep your blog updated as frequently as you can. An empty or dormant blog is worth nothing. You can use your blog to share information about your business, the new products you are selling, certain promotions you are organizing, and much more. This is your chance to connect with your audience.
- Embrace social media networks – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are not just tools to help you gain exposure, but also to help you market and promote your business online. Today, it has become necessary for every business to have its own social media account. You can tie in various offers and ads on your Facebook or Twitter page and have a direct channel with your Instagram followers.
- Put up multimedia on Flickr and YouTube – YouTube allows you to distribute creative and fun promotional videos, however, in order to be successful in it, you must upload content that people want to see and is relevant to your ecommerce website and the products or services you are selling. A simple add will not bring you any result. You must do much more than that. Flick, on the other side, allows you to showcase photos of your business and lets you link back to your site.
- Press releases – Every time you have a successful event or your business does something important, don’t hesitate to contact the press and share that news with the rest of the world. The press is a very powerful media tool which can help you generate publicity and attract new visitors to your ecommerce site. There are lots of websites on the web you can use for press releases such as 24/7 Press Release, PRLog, and etc.
These are the best free methods that will help you advertise and market a website or small business online. Follow our advice and get your business name out there!